Waiting for shuttle to take me to Keyhole to start the swim. I was most nervous about the swim and knew if I could finish swimming a mile in a lake, I would be o.k. The swim was definately the most difficult part of the triathlon for me!!! I am definately not a natural in the water and a mile felt like forever. The transition to the bike was at Butcher Jones cove.
The bike is definately my strong point. I could bike forever and really enjoy it. Lucky for the me, the ride portion is where I try to ride weekly, so I knew the course well.
The run portion of the race was brutal. They should of called it a trail hike not run. It was rocky and steep. At the beginning, most of the people around me had to walk because it was just too steep to run. I think this worked out to my advantage. I can keep up with hikers, but probably not running on the flats (just ask my 1/2 marathon friends). Hayden thought it was pretty cool because we ran through a tunnel under the road ~ I was grateful we didn't have to run up the road!!!
Racing to the finish.
Even the last leg to the finish was steep, but I didn't finish last by any means, so mission accomplished!!! It feels so good to have finished a 1/2 marathon (London's run in February) and an Olympic Distance Triathlon. Two things I have wanted to do for a long time. What will I think of next to test myself???? Any suggestions?????



1 comment:
Congrats Melissa! I knew you would do awesome!
Post a Comment